ISO 9001:2008 specifies requirements for developing a quality management system within an organization. The two broad requirements are as follows:
- a) The organization demonstrates its ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer, statutory, and regulatory requirements;
- b) The organization’s goal is to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the systems, system process improvements, and the assurance of conformity to customer, statutory, and regulatory requirements.
City & Guilds (QCF):
The QCF’s Maritime Security Operative (MSO) qualification is the only Office of Qualifications & Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) accredited qualification based directly on the latest international standard for Private Maritime Security Companies (PMSCs), which is ISO28007, which provides for the guidelines for PMSCs providing Privately Contracted Armed Security Personnel (PCASP) on board ships.
Maritime Coastguard Agency:
Maritime and Coastguard Agency Quality Assurance (MCAQA) is committed to continuous improvement at all levels of the organization through the accomplishment of the following quality objectives:
- Providing confidence to all parties that MCAQA delivers its certification activities in an impartial and competent manner and manages conflicts of interest and ensures objectivity;
- Determining and fulfilling customer requirements and thereby achieving customer satisfaction;
- Coordinating ISM, ISO and ISPS audits and MLC 2006 inspections to meet customer demands;
- Continuous development of staff by appropriate training programs;
- Exhibiting a flexible approach to new ideas and practices.
Department for Transport:
The United Kingdom Department for Transport (DfT) is a leading centre for business and financial services to the international maritime community. They constantly strive to maintain its position as a world leader in shipping, training, research and technology. The DfT regulate vessels in UK waters, working with industry and international colleagues setting standards for maritime safety and security.